Incorporated March 29, 1978 **Celebrating 30+ Years of Service**
Scope of work - our main focus is in the Commercial private sector. Type of work involves excavating, utility and paving of office/warehouse, retail buildings, and housing developments. Approximately 60% of our work is in this area of construction with the remaining 40% being areas of government contracts such as roads, housing developments, airports, government centers, parks, sports and maintenance facilities.
Primary work area is in the 7 county metro area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota.
Annual Sales range from 35 to 45 million and have been as high as 50 million in good economic times.
We commonly perform jobs as general contractors overseeing and managing all areas of work on various projects. Most often these projects range from $500,000 to $2,000,000 in size and include numerous well known suppliers and subcontractors in the metropolitan area. We have General contracted projects as high as $8,000,000.00.
As an example of our past Annual workload, Northwest Asphalt installed 370,000 tons of bituminous pavement, seven million dollars of combined sewer and water piping by our 4 pipe crews and moved 2.1 million cubic yards of dirt.
We are very comfortable with rigid time lines for completion and well equipped to meet your completion deadlines. Throughout our history we annually completed numerous projects involving short completion date deadlines, often involving severe liquidated damage penalties that have even been as high as $5,000 every half hour for failure to complete nightly operations at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport. On this specific project for the reconstruction for runway 11R/29L Rehabilitation, we won awards for excellence from Associated Builders and Contractors, State of Minnesota and American Public Works Association.
Our sales efforts are primarily in the large scale private, commercial and government sectors. Our sales strategy is based on volume sales which allow us to provide you with low competitive pricing to meet your budgetary needs. With our work force, which at times can be as high as 165 employees and the numerous pieces of heavy excavating and paving equipment needed to support them we are confident we can provide you with fast, economical quality construction to meet your every need.
Several significant and well known projects we have taken part in include:
Metrodome, Burnsville Center, Mall of America, Southdale Center, Interstate 35W, Maplewood Mall, Arbor Lakes Retail Center, Prairie Lakes Housing Development, MSP International Airport and numerous surrounding airports.
The bonding company has approved us to bid projects up to 25 million and carry insurance for your protection up to 10 million.
Northwest Asphalt excavating, paving, and utility personnel are all union employees to assure you of the best quality and workmanship in the Industry. We are also currently a member of the Minnesota Asphalt Paving Assoc. and the Minnesota Utility Contractors Assoc.
We are one of the largest leading excavating, utilities and paving contractors in the metropolitan area. Our goal is to stay in this position by providing you with the most timely and cost effective projects completed in the metro area and to do so on a regular basis.
Following is an example of our client list:
Commercial General Contractors:
Kraus-Anderson Companies, Adolfson & Peterson, Opus, McGough, Mortenson, Stahl, Benson Orth & Assoc., Amcon Construction, Weis Builders, Ryan Companies US, Inc.
US Homes, Pulte Homes, Brandl Anderson, Pillar Homes, Coffman Development, Allan Homes, Homes by Chase, Epic Homes.
Shakopee, Plymouth, Maple Grove, Savage, Lakeville, Prior Lake